Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Disappearing Widow

As I rummaged in my bed,
I saw her run out of sight.
Wondering who, I tried to show my might.
But what stopped me, was fright!

Away she ran, into the darkness
From where I lay- in complete wilderness!
I yelled aloud and continued to for a while
only to hear my voice echoing in style .

The louder and closer I heard the meow.
My spine responded by sending a shrill through.
Adjusting myself,  I muttered to self-
"It must be a cat and no evil elf..."

It must have been a few more hours in the darkness
As the mix of rain and sand brought some freshness,
The love for it drew me to the window,
It was from there I noticed the disappearing widow.

I saw her walk, leaving footprints behind.
As she disappeared fear caught my mind.
With my hands clenched against my eyes
I sat around not moving for a while.

That was when I heard a woman laugh,
Thinking it might be the lady in dark,
I hurried back to the window, to check what caused the fiddle
The footprints now gone, were replaced  by a puddle.

There! I Freaked out seeing the reflection of a demon
As I looked at the branch- draped in white sat the woman.
I rubbed my eyes-to get a good look at the tree
Seeing no one made my heart beat free...

Relieved I turned around and there she stood,
Smiling at me from under the bloody hood.
Shocked I was, as she attacked me with a pound,
In seconds, I realized I had no feet to the ground.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment